The steps to start processing inbound email are as follows:
While logged into the user interface, navigate to Company Settings > Domains tab
1. Click New Domain button
2. Enter the domain name
3. Choose Domain purpose.
- Management is for solely managing the domain. This setting will not relay email.
- Relay is for domains that will be used for email delivery
4. Enter the Primary SMTP Destination IP Address or hostname where we are sending your mail to. Make sure the SMTP destination can receive email via port 25 and accept email for your registered domain.
For Office 365, the deliver host will be in the format domain-com.mail.protection.outlook.com
5. Add SMTP Failover 1, 2, 3, 4 IP addresses (Optional)
6. Pick a verification method
- TXT record
- META tag
7. Click Verify Later if you need to wait for DNS propagation for TXT record or META tag to get added. This will save the settings with verification codes
- If ready you may use Verify Now. (Once META tag is added to website or TXT record is ready)
8. If Verify Later was used come back Domain settings when DNS has propagated
9. Once DNS has propagated for TXT record Click Verify Now
10. Enable relay using the toggle switch
IMPORTANT: Once the domain has been verified and enabled, you MUST wait 60 minutes before the domain is available for routing inbound and outbound email.
11. Add Sending Servers
For on-premise mail servers, enter the sending IP address(es)
For Office 365, click on Managed Hosted Services;
Enable outbound sending using the Toggle Switch;
Stage 2 - Create Users.